Sports & Outdoor Fun
Welcome to Lancaster County…a wonderful outdoor arena for playing! Whether you are on the ground, next to the water, or in the water…there is something fun for you to do and wonderful things for you to enjoy.
Too cold to be outdoors? Take it indoors at some really great venues for sports. Equip yourself for everything you need at these local shopping places that specialize in outdoor activities and all varieties of sports.
342 Voganville Road
New Holland, PA 17557
(717) 351-0203Located on a beautiful farmstead near New Holland, in the heart of Lancaster County, JR’s Taxidermy prepares heirloom quality mounts that are realistic, clean, and designed to last a lifetime…all at a cost that is affordable. Family owned and operated by the Zimmerman family, their goal is to capture the thrill of the hunt and preserve the natural beauty of the animals you harvest. Make an appointment to visit JR’s showroom to see the various types of mounts he has completed and currently working on.
2407 Main Street
Narvon, PA 17555
(717) 283-5616Located along Rte 23, between New Holland and Morgantown, Nature’s Accent Taxidermy is must visit studio that specializes in high-end taxidermy and wildlife art. The showroom displays a variety of mounts in life-like poses that are marked with stunning details. Whatever your interest in wildlife and whether you are involved in any sort of hunting or not, you will appreciate the captivating beauty of the wall mounts, individual floor displays, and multi animal dioramas. From lifesize mammals and gameheads, to fish and exotics, you can be assured that you will get the highest quality mount for your trophy….and you are guaranteed to enjoy your trophy for a lifetime!
64 Queen Rd
Gordonville, PA 17529
(717) 768-7007Located in the heart of Lancaster County, Leacock Sports is the area’s go-to destination for getting equipped for backyard activities, league sports, and your next outdoor adventure. This hidden gem specializes in the sales and service of archery equipment and features top name brand equipment for slow pitch softball, volleyball, hockey, table tennis (pingpong), and more. In preparation for your next hunting excursion, stop by and browse their selection of camouflage clothing, boots, and accessories, including camping supplies and binoculars/scopes by Nikon and Hawke Optics. On the second floor of their store, they offer a slow pitch batting cage and a virtual Techno Hunt range.
2092 Long Level Road
Wrightsville, Pennsylvania 17368
(717) 252-1616Join with those who encounter nature’s best at Shank’s Mare Outfitters, just across the border from Lancaster County, where you are invited to go play outside. Shank’s Mare specializes in kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, hiking, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing. The Outfitters Retail Store features clothing & equipment sales and rentals, while the Outdoor Education Center offers instruction, programs, trips, eco tours, and camps for a variety of activities based in & around the Susquehanna River. Come and play, then relax with friends at the Lock 2 Cafe. Host your next event at The Rookery, a meeting room with spectacular views of the Susquehanna.
5519 Main Street
East Petersburg, PA 17520
(717) 560-3411For the casual bird watcher to the passionate ornithologist, backyard birding co. is Lancaster County’s one stop shop for every type of birder. From bulk seed to binoculars, from bird houses to bird feeders, this store is stocked with every thing you need to enjoy your backyard feathered friends. Owner Mark Wilkerson provides outstanding customer service that draws upon years of experience in ensuring the full satisfaction of his many loyal customers.
21 West Main Street
Strasburg, PA 17579
(717) 288-2201Located in the historic Borough of Strasburg, BAREBONES Bicycle and Fitness is Lancaster County’s hometown destination for bicycle sales, services, and rentals. They offer the appropriate bicycling choice for every member of your family and are committed to your full satisfaction with every purchase made and each service performed. This hidden gem specializes in the sale of moderately-priced new bicycles with quality name brands, along with refurbished and custom-made bicycles.
3614 Old Philadelphia Pike
Intercourse, Pennsylvania 17534
(717) 929-0327Located in the idyllic Village of Intercourse, Intercourse Bike Works opened its doors in September of 2014 and has quickly attracted the attention of both those who have a long-standing passion for cycling and those who are just looking for a new way to encounter the world around them. Intercourse Bike Works is your source for all products and services for bikes and biking. IBW is not your average bike shop…they offer specialized bicycling tours that help you encounter Lancaster County up close and personal, with options that will accommodate your riding “skills.”
839 Reading Road
East Earl, PA 17519
(717) 445-8508Since 1991, exceptional quality and friendly service have been the dedicated hallmarks of the Bicycle Barn…simply stated, their commitment is “if you’re not satisfied, we’re not satisfied.” Whether you are looking to buy a well-built, reputable bike or needing reliable, trustworthy service for a bike you already own…Bicycle Barn is ready and fully equipped to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
1649 Ligalaw Road
East Earl, PA 17519
(717) 445-5731Join with the many customers who depend upon Shirk’s Bike Shop for all their bicycling needs. Their team of bicycle mechanics is fully trained and each one is committed to ensuring their work is efficient, trustworthy, and road worthy. Looking to purchase a new bike? Shirk’s carries a full line of quality bikes that can accommodate a variety of budgets. If you are a committed rider, you will be enjoy browsing through their nice selection of biking accessories…from helmets and clothing to back packs and energy bars, if you can’t find it, just ask.
230 Sheaffers School Rd
Ephrata, PA 17522
(717) 656-9385Located in the picturesque countryside of Lancaster County, Weaver’s Bike Shop is a locally owned and family operated business that has been faithfully serving customers from Ephrata, New Holland, Leola, and communities beyond, since 1958. They ensure that each customer’s needs are fully met with the products they sell and with the repair services they provide. While they can service all brands and varieties of bikes, they sell just a few well-known brands…including Fuji, Kestrel, and Origin8. In addition to their showroom of quality bikes, Weaver’s Bike Shop features many accessories that will assist in providing you with a better riding experience.