Among the many things that makes Lancaster County uniquely wonderful is the number of field to table options available for fresh and delicious eating and drinking. For local dairies, the trip from field to table involves a stop at the milking parlor. From hormone free milk and natural cheddar cheese to delicious ice cream and homemade yogurt, make these selected dairies a favorite destination.
43 West Eby Road
Leola, PA 17540
With a reputation that extends far beyond their Amish farmstead, Misty Creek Goat Dairy is known and appreciated for their wonderful artisanal cheeses, all of which is made on location from raw milk and aged for a minimum of 60 days and as long one year. In addition to cheeses made only from goats milk, Misty Creek also carries blended varieties and cheese made only from cows milk. Join with those who regularly stop by the Farm for their supply of certified raw goats milk. From luscious lavender to delightful citrus, you will also want to discover the Misty Creek handcrafted goats milk soaps that are available in both liquid bottles and in moisturizing bars.
-the Garden Patch Stand of Lititz Farmers Market
–Bluegate Farm Market
–Kissel Hill Fruit Farm
-Countryside Road StandAlthough the all raw milk cheese of Millport Dairy is sold primarily in Manhattan’s famous Greenmarket, it is available in Lancaster County at various locations. You will not find a cheese that is more healthily made or better tasting. Choose from more several types of cheddar, as well as other favorite varieties of cheese.
172 South Farmersville Road
Leola, PA 17540
(717) 656-2261Surrounded by chemical-free pastures, where their Jersey Cows are free to graze, Meadow View Jerseys is your destination for fresh-from-the-farm certified raw milk and small batch cheese varieties made from raw milk and aged for more than 60 days. All featured cheeses at Meadow View are natural, free of added hormones, antibiotic free, and/or vegetarian approved. In addition, they carry natural yogurts and naturally cultured butter. Market fare items sold at the store include bulk baking supplies, natural snacks, homemade preserves, and chemical free produce that is locally grown. In addition, stop by for quality grass-fed meats that are organic or natural…including beef pork, and chicken.
5287 Horseshoe Pike
Honey Brook, PA 19344
(610) 273-3552With a passion for excellence and a tireless commitment to customer satisfaction, September Farm eagerly welcomes locals and PA Dutch Country visitors. From cheddars to monetary jack varieties, along with other selections, their small batch artisanal cheeses are made from fresh milk…directly from milking to the cheese vat and cave-aged to perfection. Browse through the Country Market where you will find a fresh baked goods, a wide-range of specialty foods, kitchen essentials, and homestyle preserves & jellies. If you appreciate savory foods that go beyond the ordinary, you will enjoy the eclectic menu in the Sandwich Shop. Stop by for a quick carry-out order or enjoy lunch with family and friends in the dining room or on the wrap-around porch.
799 Robert Fulton Hwy
Quarryville, PA 17566
(717) 786-3924Visit our Maplehofe Dairy Stand at Central Market
You know you have discovered a hidden gem at Maplehofe Dairy when you learn that loyal customers travel up to a half hour or more, each week, to their Farm Store near Quarryville. Fortunately, for many in Lancaster County, they can still experience the best of Maplehofe with a shorter trip to their Central Market Stand in Lancaster City. Famous for hormone-free milk in their exchangeable glass bottles, Maplehofe also sells the World’s BEST chocolate milk, has a fantastic selection of hand-scooped ice cream, and stocks a full variety of farm fresh grocery products, ranging from bulk foods to seasonal produce, and more.
694 Country Lane
Paradise, PA 17562
(717) 442-9208Located in the heart of Lancaster County’s Amish countryside, Dutch Meadows Organic Dairy provides their valued customers with locally grown, certified organic, nutrient dense, grass fed, and free range selections. Their meats and poultry are GMO & Soy free and have no added hormones or antibiotics. In addition, Dutch Meadows features other organic & natural products including peanut butter, maple syrup, and raw honey. Stop by the farm store or visit their market stand to enjoy true farm-to-table goodness. Join with those who purchase state-inspected raw milk in returnable glass bottles or plastic bottles.
2195B Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602
(717) 208-3187If you appreciate delicious natural yogurt and the finest in artisanal styled cheeses, you will love what you discover at King’s Kreamery. From plain cow to maple sheep, you will be pleased with the quality and taste of their natural yogurt varieties. From a selection of traditional cheddars to ewe’s milk cheese, from camembert style cow’s milk cheese to goat’s milk cheese…the cheeses made on the King family farm are grass-fed and carefully aged for consistent texture and extraordinary taste. King’s Kreamery offers 10 flavors of hand-dipped ice cream in cones and dishes and can be accompanied by homemade PA Dutch styled pies. They also sell maple syrup, pickles, relish, jam and coffee.
Alpine Heritage Creamery (COMING SOON!)
Sold at Various Locations
In & Around Lancaster County
Located in the heart of Lancaster County, Alpine Heritage Creamery specializes in making hand-crafted cheeses from 100% grass-fed cows. Their cheese is made from their own jersey dairy cows grazing on lush green pastures in Paradise, PA. The rest of the ingredients are simple – cultures, traditional rennet and salt.
2225 New Danville Pike
Lancaster, PA 17603
(717) 872-5486For those who appreciate farm fresh and down home delicious, Pine View Dairy becomes a routine destination that is always worth the drive, just 3 miles south of Lancaster City on New Danville Pike. Since 1971, Pine View has been famous for their milk sold in bags and delectable selections of homemade ice cream and frozen yogurt. Discover why they are fast becoming known for their own farm-raised pork and beef, as well as free-range eggs. They also feature specialty foods from the best of local shops throughout Lancaster County. Discover why Pine View is a favorite of locals and a much enjoyed find for PA Dutch country visitors.
244 Mentzer Road
New Holland, PA 17557
(717) 354-7988For those who discover their fresh goodness and delicious tastes, Lapp Valley Farm quickly becomes a favorite destination for hormone-free milk and homemade ice cream. The Dairy Store is a perfect location for a reasonably priced family outing with meticulously manicured grounds that play host to friendly peacocks, bull dogs, and friendly cats. Guests to the farm can view the Jersey cows being milked and pet the calves that are bottle-fed. Every Friday, visitors to Green Dragon Farm Market can stop by the Lapp Valley shop and stands. During the summer months, guests can visit Lapp Valley ice cream at Kitchen Kettle.
5381 Bridge Street
Gap, Pennsylvania 17527
(717) 442-9090If you are a discerning lover of food, the final stop in your quest for the finest in cheese is located at the Town Clock Cheese Shoppe in Gap. It is here that ”fromager” Bill Houder “holds court” for each of his valued customers…providing suggestions and taste samples as they “judge” which cheese best suits their preferences. Like his father and grandfather, Bill is a “cheeseman” that loves sharing his passion for the family cheese business that he carries on after 73 years. With display cases that are filled with local, domestic, and imported selections…your hopes for service and expectations for quality will be exceeded.