Fruit Farms & Orchards
Lancaster County has long been known for its reputation for growing things. In fact, with the benefit of rich nutrient soils, consistently abundant rainfalls, and industrious farming practices…Lancaster County is often tagged with the common designation of “bread basket of the world.” When it comes to agricultural productivity, however, what often isn’t known is that PA Dutch farmlands are very conducive to growing a variety of fruits including apples, peaches, strawberries, cherries, and other varieties of delicious fruits. While much of this fruits is sold at various roadside farm markets throughout the County, realLancasterCounty.com is pleased to feature several locally owned fruit farms and orchard outlets that are a seasonal favorite for pick-your-own harvests and already-picked selections that come in all variety of sizes, great for fresh eating as well as annual freezing and canning.
383 Springville Rd.
New Holland, PA 17557
(717) 354-7228Located in the foothills of the picturesque Welsh Mountains, Beiler’s Fruit Farm is your source for the best in fresh and locally grown. From their orchard trees to the basket on your table, Beiler’s homegrown fruit has been appreciated by their many loyal customers for over 40 years. Beiler’s roadside market is open year-round and carries a wide assortment of the best in market fare selections, including honey, jams & preservers, chow chow, pickles, pickled beets, potatoes, pumpkins, and a wide variety of seasonal vegetables. From the beginning of apple harvest season through as late as April, stop by Beiler’s Fruit Farm for their freshly pressed, non-pasteurized apple cider.
240 W 28th Division Hwy
on Rte 322, near Rte 501
Lititz, PA 17543
(717) 626-8834If you enjoy just-picked-from-the-tree fruit and if you prefer fresh-from-the-field produce…you will appreciate the quality offered at Edgewood Farms Orchard and Farm Market. Located along Rte 322, just a few minutes west of the Rte 501 intersection, Edgewood Farms is an easy drive from the surrounding local communities of Lititz, Manheim, and Ephrata. This hidden gem is a locally owned and family operated orchard, featuring homegrown fruits, locally grown in-season produce, as well as homemade market fare items like jams & preserves and a supply of locally grown Black Angus Beef that is available in frozen packages.
390 Orchard Road
Mohnton, PA 19540
(717) 445-5704Located in the beautiful hills of northern Lancaster County, Brecknock Orchard Farm Market is a hidden gem that awaits your happy discovery. Their convenient pick-your-own option, informative group tours, and special events keep their loyal customers returning, season after season…never failing to provide wonderful memories for years to come! Whether you make a quick stop at the market for a few fresh purchases or spend the day picking a full harvest for canning, you can be assured you will enjoy the best of quality products at Brecknock and appreciate their attentive & caring customer service.
5 Martin Road
Ephrata, PA 17522
(717) 721-7826With plenty of fresh picked selections to choose from, Napierville Orchard offers the very best in seasonal field-to-table produce, all of which is grown on-location at this hidden gem. Make this local market stop your destination for homegrown tomatoes, fresh picked sweet corn, and all selections of summer vegetables that are harvested from their fertile fields. Enjoy the varieties of succulent peaches and crisp apples that are picked from the trees in their orchards. Add to the beauty of your home with fresh picked floral bouquets from their flower gardens.
2101 Kissel Hill Rd
Lititz, PA, 17543
(717) 626-7115Nestled in the fertile farmlands of Lancaster County near Lititz, Kissel Hill Fruit Farm is a revitalized farm market and greatly expanding fruit farm that is quickly becoming the local community’s one-stop shopping destination for seasonally fresh produce and delicious market fare selections. Since purchasing the farm in 2008, the Smucker family has worked tireless in planting, pruning, and harvesting hundreds of quality orchards stock selections that are supplying their satisfied customers now and for years to come. Make sure to stop by on Fridays and Saturdays for a wide variety of fresh baked goods.
400 Long Lane
Lancaster, PA 17603
(717) 872-9311For locals and visitors alike, Cherry Hill Orchards & Outlet is a must-experience destination in Lancaster County, located just a few minutes south of Lancaster City. Cherry Hill is a locally owned hidden gem…for over 43 years, the Haas Family has successfully practiced environmental conservation, long before it enjoyed the attention it receives today. During each year’s fruit growing season, they feature approximately 60 varieties of pick-your-own cherries, apples, peaches, and nectarines. During the fall harvest season, Cherry Hill features fields of pick your own pumpkins.
911 Disston View Drive
Lititz, PA 17543
(717) 626-6194Join with the many locals of Lancaster County who look forward to their annual treks to Shenk’s Berry Farm, where the Shenk family has been planting and cultivating their land with sustainable farming practices for over 35 years. In addition to growing strawberries, their small integrated farm pastures several beef cattle and sheep, along with land for rotating crops and growing vegetables. Make picking your own strawberries a family tradition and you will acquire memories that will be cherished for years to come. In addition to their fields of strawberries, Shenk’s Berry Farm grows red and black varieties of raspberries that are available pre-picked in pint-sized quantities. Like strawberries, these delicious morsels of fruit are also available through pick-your-own.
3097 Old Philadelphia Pike
Bird-in-Hand, PA 17505
(717) 768-7112Kauffman’s Fruit Farm & Market is a Lancaster County Original that has been serving appreciative customers since 1915. Easily recognized as an enduring landmark in the heart of Amish farmlands, the market is located on historic Old Philadelphia Pike. Nearby, the farm grows over 135 varieties of tree fruits on 92 bountiful acres, which are well-known for their “Bird-in-Hand Brand” orchard harvests. From their signature apple products (butters, ciders, snitz) to a comprehensive line of homestyle products, Kauffman’s is the community’s local source for affordable market fare shopping and a must-visit destination for PA Dutch Country visitors.
665 Maple Grove Road
New Holland, PA 17557
If you are among those who prefer farm-to-table tastes and appreciate the goodness of fresh-picked produce, you will love discovering locally owned and family operated Leid’s Orchard. The picked-fresh harvests at Leid’s features 21 varieties of apple trees, 19 varieties of peach trees, 8 varieties of pear trees, 7 varieties of cherry trees, nectarines, plums, and apricots.In addition to homegrown fruits, Leid’s market carries locally grown in-season produce, including sweet corn, tomatoes, melons of all sorts, and peppers. The selection of fall varieties, includes pumpkins and squash. They also feature homemade market fare items, including jams & preserves and fresh baked goodies.
377 South Churchtown Rd.
Narvon, PA 17555
From the beginning of August through the middle of September, Spring House Peach Farm looks forward to the return of their many loyal retail and wholesale customers. There is nothing better than biting into a mouth-watering peach that has been hand-picked, fresh from the orchard. They grow and harvest 10 varieties of peaches and nectarines, each of which has their own distinct and delightful flavor. Whether you want to buy a few for eating fresh or want to buy a crate or more for canning or freezing, Spring House Farm is glad you found them and they sincerely hope you enjoy eating their peaches as much as they enjoy growing and picking them.